A New Beginning
The year 2018 has just started or should I say how quickly thirteen days have elapsed? I shouldn't say time flies for it will be an understatement. Time just rockets off and we are wondering with pallid faces about the brevity of our small existence. I have created this blog, egged on by an irresistible impulse to map the time. Sounds intriguing to the readers right? Well, this blog will be an attempt to translate into words the moments, experiences, memories experienced by me. This will be a memoir of the year, a virtual diary maybe. I will be able to express my ideas here freely. They say that you need to write on a daily basis to improve your skills. I want to improve here. I have given the name A Rambler's Ruminations to my blog. A rambler is more like a wanderer, a flaneur, who goes from one place to another, and experiences the moments, distantly observing everyone around. I wish to speak from that detached point, and I wish to see it in a different way. I think that our generation of people have stopped to think all together. Nothing affects them anymore. This blog will be an honest effort to expedite and continue the process of thinking, wherever I will be and then translate them in words in these pages. Today is the day of Makar Sankranti, a day when thousands of Hindu religious people take a dip in the holy waters of the river Ganga. According to religious beliefs, taking a dip at this time erases the sin and refreshes the soul. People ignore the terrible cold, freezing temperature and flock towards the river from the early morning hours. In West Bengal, at Ganga Sagar on this day pilgrims come from different parts of the land and hordes of followers pitch tents near the delta region. The river Ganga merges with the Bay of Bengal here and people take this moment as very auspicious one. I have taken this day to start off a new passion. This passion will continue and I will make sure that it continues for the entire year.
The year 2018 has just started or should I say how quickly thirteen days have elapsed? I shouldn't say time flies for it will be an understatement. Time just rockets off and we are wondering with pallid faces about the brevity of our small existence. I have created this blog, egged on by an irresistible impulse to map the time. Sounds intriguing to the readers right? Well, this blog will be an attempt to translate into words the moments, experiences, memories experienced by me. This will be a memoir of the year, a virtual diary maybe. I will be able to express my ideas here freely. They say that you need to write on a daily basis to improve your skills. I want to improve here. I have given the name A Rambler's Ruminations to my blog. A rambler is more like a wanderer, a flaneur, who goes from one place to another, and experiences the moments, distantly observing everyone around. I wish to speak from that detached point, and I wish to see it in a different way. I think that our generation of people have stopped to think all together. Nothing affects them anymore. This blog will be an honest effort to expedite and continue the process of thinking, wherever I will be and then translate them in words in these pages. Today is the day of Makar Sankranti, a day when thousands of Hindu religious people take a dip in the holy waters of the river Ganga. According to religious beliefs, taking a dip at this time erases the sin and refreshes the soul. People ignore the terrible cold, freezing temperature and flock towards the river from the early morning hours. In West Bengal, at Ganga Sagar on this day pilgrims come from different parts of the land and hordes of followers pitch tents near the delta region. The river Ganga merges with the Bay of Bengal here and people take this moment as very auspicious one. I have taken this day to start off a new passion. This passion will continue and I will make sure that it continues for the entire year.
Comments
Post a Comment